Saturday, January 7, 2017

Week 45 - Its Complicated!

Such mixed emotions this week and its so complicated to explain... Let me make an attempt..

The week started off on a rather embarrassing note of Dev getting irritated with Sonakshi's father. On one hand, I agreed with Bijoy when he said Ishwari did not behave like a grown up. On the other hand, I also agree with Dev that now Bijoy's daughter is his wife and that Bijoy has to let go off his worries about Sonakshi. I have personally experienced and found that unsolicited advice or support from my parents always worsens the situation. Whenever there is an argument in my home, even though my mother will always have an urge to talk in my favor, I will always ask her not to interfere 😞 Its much more manageable that way.


Well..thank God this scene ended without much drama (there is a part 2 to this Dev-Bijoy interaction, which is going to happen soon 😞😞)


At the temple, Sonakshi found Ishwaari. I wish the scene was as simple as Sonakshi clarifying the confusion to Ishwari. However, Ishwari went back to her old self of "You took away my son from me"... At that point whatever Sonakshi says, Ishwari was not even ready to hear as she had a preconceived notion that whatever she was going to say was a lie and nothing else. I particularly got very angry and disappointed with Ishwari when she wished Sonakshi to become a mother only so that she can experience the love for a "son" and the sadness when a girl takes the "son" away from her. At this point, I even started to wonder whether this mom is suffering from some disorder... She had even gone off track of Sonakshi's pregnancy..🤔🤔


I wasn't surprised when Sonakshi decided to leave the place. There was no point.


Dev-Sona's little talk on monday over why Sona came home empty handed irritated me initially, although, later when I thought about it, I realized that was the Dev that we had always known. His mother is more important than anyone else. And this thought haunted me and continues to haunt me as to what he might do when the ultimate moment of choosing only one of the two women comes before him. And Sonakshi also was probably saddened by this thought. I am sure she started to wonder that Ishwari might reject her as a daughter in law if she never has a child of her own (which has the most probability as of now) and in turn Dev might also decide the same.


Its a very complicated situation for Dev, I am sure. Pretty much a catch-22 situation.. Its not that he loves his mom more than Sonakshi or Sonakshi more than his mom. His love for them is the same. However, his added responsibility is to make his mom love Sonakshi the same way as she loves him. In addition, he has to make sure that Sonakshi's love for his mom never reduces even though he knows that his mom is sometimes unreasonable. Got it?  If not, don't worry. Its really complicated.


Ishwari continues to live in this illusion that Sonakshi conspires to take Dev away from her and that Dev on his own, will never hide or lie about anything. However, time and again its proven to her that her son in fact has a special relationship with Sonakshi and he, on his own accord does things without Sonakshi's persuasion of any sort... from their affair onwards, and even the non-veg in wedding (remember?) its been clear to her that Dev is not forced into anything. One more time, Dev clarified that the whole deception of baby was his idea and Sona has no part in it.


To be fair to Ishwari, I did feel bad for her when she said that she feels small in front of Sonakshi - the girl for whose sake, Dev chose to lie and hide the truth even from his dear mother. Between the mother and son, there was a trust and a bond that once existed which is definitely not the same now. 


I was taken aback when Ishwari asked Dev to make the dream of baby come true.  For a moment, I thought she was going to ask Dev to marry someone else... Probably Dev was also shocked about that. But she said make the 7% as 100%. Well, thats my belief too.. that 7% is more than room for a miracle to happen and that when we wish for something so dearly with all our heart, the universe will conspire to somehow make it happen 😊


Sonakshi's frank question to Ishwari about what will happen if the treatment fails was a much needed one and Ishwari's answer was not a surprise to any of us. Although I did not completely like how Sonakshi adapted herself to the situation without much hesitation or question about Ishwari's "condition", I told myself to go with the flow of the show.  At the least I was happy that Sonakshi told her that she was as much disappointed about the whole thing as Ishwari was.. and her dreams of becoming a mother was also shattered by whatever has happened that day...


It was not right on Ishwari's part to keep a "condition" for her to come back home. But it was magnanimous on Sonakshi's part to quietly agree to it, for the sake of harmony in the family (and of course, for her own dream to become a mom).

The pressure was on. The decision to pursue treatment was on. Being a victim of infertility myself, I can completely feel the pressure and pain. And having tasted the success of the treatment and being a mother, I also understand how it feels when you experience miracle 😊

If someone asks me to define how you feel when pursuing infertility treatment, I will say "You have to be very hopeful of positive results, because positive thoughts and positive energy is much needed during that time. However, you should be prepared to face the disappointment". You might ask me, if you are prepared to face the disappointment, how can you say you are hopeful? Thats the challenge of this treatment 😢😢. And this is in addition to the physical pain during the process 😞 - the process that might be successful in just a couple of months or might take years together and still very uncertain.


Wednesday was the most hilarious episode. It was awkward, embarrassing, and hilarious to see Ishwari accompany Dev and Sonakshi to the infertility clinic and ask all the questions on the couple's behalf. It seemed more like a pediatrician visit to me for her 2 kids 😂😂. the more nosy Ishwari becomes in this matter, I can only imagine her in the bedroom and ordering them "do it! do it now!!" 😂😂. But on a serious note, its a very touchy situation and rather personal between a couple.. Atleast a girl might be able to share certain things with her mother even mother in law, but for the guy its such a touchy issue to talk about it to his mother or anyone else for that matter.


The ticket to Shimla? was a little too much..This is the same Ishwari who did not like them being together at all and managed to get them away from each other for several days in the name of pooja, etc. Well... after the stress that we went through, we needed some break as well. A trip to Shimla sounds just about the right thing to do 😊


Even though they got ready to go to Shimla, I somehow felt very uncomfortable and for the first time, DevAkshi even seemed very much "forced" on me.. If I fought with my husband, I will stay angry for atleast 1 day..I was still unable to accept that Sonakshi just ignored everything and agreed to hop in the car go on this trip... And honestly, I was happy to see atleast some hesitation in Sona during the car ride.


The Shimla stay was hilarious on one side and extremely irritating on the other side. Hilarious every time the music people came with their violins whenever Dev and Sonakshi walked past them, and every time the staff came with the hourly schedule and so hilarious to see the decorated room and the pond that magically lighted up when the couple came to the balcony! But it also got very irritating that every single item was linked to the "project Dixit baby", even the massage! It seemed every wall knows that the couple have been sent there on a mission. But amidst all this, I must admit that it was such a pleasure to see the ever so charming Shaheer and the gorgeous Erica 😍😍 not to mention their adept acting as Dev and Sonakshi.


Sonakshi's anger and disappointment was quite obvious and quite understandable. And Dev was just trying his best to pacify her. Dev is an honest man - in terms of his love for Sonakshi as well as Ishwari. He just genuinely wants to keep them both happy and that was quite obvious throughout this week. I particularly liked how he pleaded with her to help him help her.


Dev really knows the way to cool his wife down. It made us smile too 😄😄 when he told her that she can change everything that she doesn't like there, except himself! All husbands eventually do find that trick to cool the wife down, but Dev got it much early in marriage, I should say. He has been impressing me in this subject even from their first night onwards, sometimes with a puppy face, sometimes with an expression of his love that is just so poetic 
😊

Sonakshi is practical, understanding and very accommodating. She is a wife and daughter in law goal for every girl. Dev is also a good husband goal for most part. And he really tries his best and does not do any mistake on purpose. And for these reasons the show is worth watching.


These days, we seem to get the best on fridays! This friday was just fabulous. The evening started with a very romantic dinner. The hero was charming and the heroine was looking simple yet very gorgeous. The music was soothing and the resort looked beautifully decorated for them. However, all of this was abruptly interrupted when Ishwari's "special" diet arrived. Dev is trying his best to be patient with his mother and hope he maintains his cool always. Because, if he shows his anger even once to her, she is not going to be able to tolerate it like Sonakshi...


The bonfire scene was such well shot. The cinematography of that scene was just too good. It was a treat to watch 2 good looking people on screen..In spite of the heated conversation, I could not help but admire how good they looked!! 😍


The show belonged to the dialogue writers from this point onward. Sonakshi spoke exactly what was in my mind. Dev lives so much in the present..and always looks to make people happy..even if the happiness is short lived and for a few seconds only... And that it does not make any sense to carry on with this "mission Dixit baby"!! The emotions that  I had bottled up and did not know how to explain, all came through Sonakshi. Erica as Sonakshi did extremely well in expressing her anger and frustration and Shaheer as Dev complimented her extremely well by just quietly taking it all in with eyes full of heplessness and empathy for her! Being unable to conceive is looked upon as a mistake that she did for which she has to constantly feel sorry about and Dev is just reminding her of it by saying a million times that it does not matter to him? Very profound way of articulating the emotions from the girl's point of view 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻


The show ended with all of us stumped! Just Stumped

- by the dialogue writers' apt and to-the-point script
- by the actors' genuine and convincing performance
- by the cinematographer's skillful use of camera
- by the scriptwriters' unique way of story telling
and everything else related to the show!!

I almost forgot to mention. I am glad Vicky went back to his old self of scheming and being bad. The changed Vicky didnt really suit him. The 5 Crore issue is cooking (thanks to Vicky's hard work) and will be ready to serve as soon as the couple come back home from Shimla.


1 comment:

  1. With the help of a man called Dr.Addo I was able to get pregnant though his root and herbs. I'm 47years of age, it was really difficult for me to pregnant though my husband loves me but it was really hurting me not having my own child but after many years I came across Dr.Addo. I'm 7months pregnant now through the help of the wounderful man and I will advice everyone looking for help to get pregnant to contact this gretae man via his email at: ( addosolution@gmail.com ) and be happy like me.

    from CANADA

    ReplyDelete