Monday, December 5, 2016

Week 40 - Pride and Prejudice

Its not the Pride and Prejudice of our all time favorite fantasy couple Darcy and Beth. This is all about Ishwari. Her pride of being a mother..sorry.. Dev's mother and her prejudice for Sonakshi!!

The 40th week of this show started off with the big birthday party of our story's hero Dev Dixit. The Bose family and Ria's prospective spouse, Ayaan's family were invited. And therefore the preparation was very grand! I wish Neha had a successful marriage..Ranveer's beautiful family would have been part of it as well... Talking about Neha... Ishwari questioned how Dev and Sona can be happy celebrating their honeymoon, when Neha is at home unhappy. But this celebration is ok I guess - because this is all about Dev only 😏


The "Aunty" issue was finally resolved this week, thanks to Bijoy 😬 What an idea Sir ji!! Batheeja 😄😂 For a family like the Dixits (especially Ishwari, Neha, GKB combo) who create issues for Sonakshi purposely, a person like Bijoy is rather necessary. Only he can keep them wary of Sona! But even before Bijoy pointed it out, I am glad Dev realized his mistake and felt the need to correct it. Dev is a good man. But, still needed that nod from Ishwari 😏 Well.. poor guy, he has to keep both his eyes happy..  


I also loved Bijoy's  intervention during the photo session as well! For heaven's sake, Sonakshi is Dev's lawfully wedded wife.. not girlfriend, my dear Dixits!!


One more main issue of last week was "Mamma's boy". Ishwari was on a mission to clarify that!! If it was not for that purpose, I must say, that I was very much touched by her speech that day. A woman's big world suddenly shrinks really small as soon as she becomes a mom. Very very true. .Her day begins and ends with her kids. Every woman wants to become a mother and is very proud when she becomes one.. But, once she is a mother though, she is not in touch with the outside world at all and therefore even after the kids grow up, she remains and wants to remain in the world of her kids,  I was with Ishwari until she explained this.. But I totally lost her when she started connecting and justifying this with "mamma's boy". And because of that, I could not feel all that sympathetic for Ishwari 😏


Well..What Ishwari must understand is - she is welcome to stay in Dev's world. No-one wants her to be out of it. But she must co-exist in it along with Dev's wife. And I loved how the whole scene ended exactly symbolizing this - with Sonakshi coming into the frame as well..sorrounded by the rest of the family 😊


It happens often to me.. when I go out, sometimes, my mom will ask me to take an umbrella and that it might rain. But I will go telling her confidently that I will come back in 10 mins and its not going to rain that soon.. And then, as fate will have it, I will be delayed and it will rain and I will get drenched and soon catch cold as well. And then my mom will promptly come and tell me "See..I told you to take umbrella!! You never listen to me!!" The ice-cream story and Dev falling sick was exactly this..


I could understand Ishwari's anxiety.. She has seen him sick many times before and how he had suffered in the past whenever he got sick..right from when he was a little child..And she has also helped him recover in her own ways.. So, her anxiety and her confidence in getting him back well was all quite relatable. Sonakshi is still new in these matters, except she has an edge over Ishwari as she is a doctor herself..  Honestly, at that time..even I felt Sonakshi was doing the wrong thing by giving him a shower when he was having such a high temperature..🤔 Medical trends are changing!! And I am glad she did, even against Ishwari's words. I also liked how Ishwari dwelled on this for a while and started accepting in her mind that Sonakshi's care for Dev is the need of the hour.. I thought this would have taken Sona one step closer to Ishwari's heart..but I was very shocked to see that this incident created more fears and insecurities in Ishwari's mind and Sonakshi continued to remain outside Ishwari's acceptance circle!


Because of the sad note in which the show ends these days.. I have the habit of watching an old random episode, so that, I can go to sleep with that smile. And just by chance I saw 2 old scenes that were similar to this week's, but yet so contrasting! One was Sona nursing Ishwari's toe.. in comparison to Ishwari nursing Sona's fingers when she got hurt once, cutting vegetables..In one other old scene, Ishwari had made Kachori and almost force-fed Sona with so much Love..But now, Ishwari has so much grudge against Sona.. Sonakshi is the same then and now. But how much Ishwari has changed!! Throughout the week, Ishwari just showed off her pride in being Dev's mother.. and kept iterating and reiterating how she and Dev have a separate communication channel and that Sonakshi really has no business in it. 


Ishwari is so much busy in guarding her fort from Sona that she doesn't even notice how Dev is being the same son that she always had and always wanted..or even if she noticed, she fails to realize that Sonakshi's life goal is not to snatch Dev or anything between the Mom-Son.. She also totally fails to even look at the love and care that she is getting from her daughter in law in addition to what she is used to getting from her son. It was so very unpleasant when she told Sonakshi that she is taking away all the happiness that Ishwari was sharing with her son..And still, the good person that Sona is, she didnt ponder much on this or the umpteen sarcasms of maami and Neha. And why would she? If a husband is understanding and always caring about you, you really don't care what the rest of the house or the world does to you! 


I liked the last plot that unfolded this week! This one is like a mystery novel :) Ayaan seemed to be a nice smart guy. The only noticeable thing was that he seems to be always busy with the smart phone.. But these days, even 5 year olds are busy with touch screen devices, so it was not that weird. Things took a big turn when Sona met Ayaan in the restaurant with another girl. This other girl seemed to be his girlfriend with all the body language that we got to see.. And Sona made the right move by telling Dev and Ishwari about it.  And Dev did the right thing by taking Sonakshi's side.


But when Ayaan and his family arrived, they all (not just Ayaan, but the whole family) introduced the new girl as his cousin, Khushi!!! Name is Khushi.. but took the Khushi away from everyone 😢 And I feel she and Ayaan went a little overboard by praising Sona so much which could have been a hint to Ishwari if she was really only concerned more about Ria that night. I am glad everything came out by Ayaan open confrontation with Sona and Sona's honest feedback.


But, Ishwari's prejudice stopped her from even taking the right step in protecting her daughter's life. Ishwari is hell bent on believing that Sonakshi does not mean any good. But I was quite disappointed that this notion is clouding her mind so much from differentiating the right and wrong. In this matter, everything is going well so far. Only because Dev is also on Sonakshi's side, inspite of Ishwari's attempts to justify that she as a mother can never ever make any mistake. I am curious to find how this plot is going to be solved.


This week, the family also started talking about Dev and Sona's kids.. I am sure we'll get to talk more about it in the coming weeks. I will reserve the discussion for then. But for now, I just want to say that "Yes, womanhood completes with motherhood... but womanhood is not just about motherhood".


Vicky got lost somewhere in the Bose house. May he remain lost.. But did anyone else feel that he may not be that bad after all?? Or is it just me??


Can't believe its 200 episodes of Kuch Rang pyar ke aise bhi!! How many colors have we seen in this show, a mother's, a son's, a sister's, a brother's, an uncle's, a wife's, a husband's, and many many more yet to come for us.. Congratulations to the team 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

No comments:

Post a Comment