Sunday, April 24, 2016

TV serial grammar

I am not a TV serial fan. The last time I saw one, was many years ago..and my impression was
1. There seemed a constant conspiracy happening
2. The women always put other women of the cast in trouble
3. There was this single person who was extremely nice and was tortured by everyone else
4. Everyone looked overly made up with flashy jewels.. unreal perfectness..flawless skin..
5. Men in the serials? Lets not even get there..

And then I happened to know about Kuch Rang pyar ke aise bhi..only reason I even knew about it was because I was following Shaheer Sheikh, who played Arjun in Mahabharat.

The Swastik productions version of Mahabharat was very impressive. Certain parts of the epic were surely modified a little from what I read while growing up. Nevertheless, it resonated very well with today's world. The way Bhagavat Gita was explained from beginning to end, I had never experienced such enlightenment from a TV show. And Shaheer caught everyone's attention as Arjun, the pivotal character of the epic.

I had a lot of trust in Shaheer's choice of shows and decided to watch this daily soap - Kuch Rang Pyar ke Aise bhi.

On February 29th I was eager to catch that first episode of the hero that Indian TV missed for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment